Trauma Care Fundamentals & Scenario Driven Trauma Basics Course with Force-on-force validation
ONE & TWO Day Courses
May 5th – 6pm – 10pm
May 6th – 9am – 4pm
Location: North Crossmall, AUSTIN, TX
About the Course
Schedule Day 1 (Friday Evening 6pm-10pm) Classroom course.
I. TCCC, where it came from, why it’s important, and how to check your instructor’s work and how to stay up to date.
II. Should I stay or should I go? Understanding Care Under Fire, Field Care, Evacuation Care.
III. Hemorrhage Control
A. Anatomy of a bleed.
B. What makes a good tourniquet?
1. Commercial tourniquet application.
2. Improvised tourniquet and their applications
C. Pressure points and positioning.
D. Pressure Dressings
E. Hemostatic Dressings
IV. Brain and bowel considerations.
V. Pneumothorax and its complications and treatment.
VI. Traumatic airway compromise recognition and treatment.
Day 2. (9am – 4pm)
I. Evacuation Considerations/ Communication (UTM validation for Care Under Fire)
II. Mass triage.
III. Hemorrhage control validation (UTM validation for Care Under Fire)
IV. Complex scenario instruction (Field Care and Evacuation Care)
V. Complex scenario validation (UTM validation)
Prerequisites, Requirements & Gear List
- A GLOCK UTM man marking gun will be provided for you with all of the ammo. If you have your own blue or SIRT gun you are welcome to bring it.
- If you have your own Glock Concealed holster or OWB holster – AIWB Kydex recommended – MUST ATTACH DIRECTLY TO YOUR BELT – no sticky or pocket holsters. no surpa type holsters
- Eye protection
- Groin guard REQUIRED – you will not be able to participate without it.
- Shooting gloves -REQUIRED – you will not be able to participate without them.
- LTC/CHL or proof of no criminal record that can be obtained via sentry link here WITH a copy of your drivers license (or any state/federal ID)
- Closed toed shoes/boots, pants, belt, and t shirt (we recommend wearing clothing you do not mind getting dirty and/or possibly torn)
- Sweatshirt is required to reduce affect of airsoft impact
- Bag lunch/snacks
DO NOT BRING LIVE FIREARMS TO THE TRAINING.
You must be a US citizen or permanent resident to attend this course.
This course has two ticket options; Fundamentals only and TWO Day access.
Fundamentals courses (Day One) – $200
Whole course (DAY ONE AND TWO) – $359
- November 1, 2022