Close Quarter Family Protection
Level 1 – Cobalt Kinetics – Washington – Utah
May 21st 08:00 – 17:00
Cobalt Kinetics – Washington – Utah – 84780
About the Course
This course is designed to give protectors advanced defensive skills to keep family and loved ones safe from danger. Students will learn third party protection tactics and how to apply them during everyday situations in common places such as gas stations, restaurants, crowded places and events. Participants will familiarize themselves with close quarters combat and Principal evacuation techniques and perform them in live fire. The course will finish with a series of full contact Force on Force scenario simulations where they will be tested in fast paced dynamic threat environments, giving them an opportunity to validate their knowledge and skills as Third Party Protectors.
With over 16 years of operational experience, Bernardo is a subject matter expert in the field of Counter Terrorism (CT) and security best practices. His expertise covers high-risk police tactics, special operations (SOF), dignitary protection (CP) and close quarters battle (CQB).
Bernardo recently retired from active duty in a Special Operations unit of the Border Patrol, focusing on direct action and low visibility operations. He has served as a Federal Air Marshall, Personal Bodyguard to the Chief of Staff (IDF), Combat instructor and Counter Assault Team member to the Israeli Dignitary Protection Unit.
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) – ASIS International
- Certified Active Shooter Response Instructor – ALERRT
- Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events Instructor – TEEX
- TCOLE Certified Instructor
- Counter Terror and Riot Control Instructor – Israel National Police
- Senior Defensive Tactics Instructor – Israel Security Agency
- Gracie Survival Tactics for Law Enforcement Instructor GST LV2 – Gracie University
- Martial Arts Coach – Arazim Academy Israel
- Krav Maga Instructor – Israel Defense Forces
- Muay Thai & Kickboxing Instructor – Wingate Institute Israel
- Strength & Conditioning Coach – Arazim Academy Israel
- Mil / LE Kettlebell Instructor SFG1 – StrongFirst
- CrossFit LV1 Coach / Strongman / CF Endurance
IMPORTANT: This is NOT a beginner level course. Students must have graduated from a handgun fundamentals course with TACTICAL FITNESS AUSTIN or be independently approved by the instructor. There will be no refunds for students who disregard these requirements.
What you’ll learn in Close Quarters Family Protector fundamentals (LEVEL 1)
- Safety briefing
- Concealed Carry Best Practices
- Combat pistol Fundamentals
- Contact & Evacuation Techniques with Principal
- Live Fire Third Party Protection Drills
What To Bring:
- Semi Automatic Pistol + ammo (200rds approx) new ammunition – pre purchase here and have it delivered to you at the class
- 3-4 mags (if you only have low capacity mags please bring 6-8)
- KYDEX or polymer robust and Safety compliant holster (IWB or OWB) – NO SURPA STYLE or COLLAPSIBLE HOLSTERS! NO INDEX RELEASE HOLSTERS!
- Mag pouch (IWB or Belt paddle / loop)
- Ballistic Eye protection.
- Noise Cancelling Hearing Protection Baseball cap/hat UTM
- Closed toed shoes/boots, pants, belt, and Tshirt (we recommend wearing clothing you do not mind getting dirty and/or possibly torn) Water
Please Note: if you have any questions or issues with regards to gear requirements, do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can find a suitable solution for you.
LTC/CHL or proof of no criminal record that can be obtained via sentry link here WITH a copy of your driver’s license (or any state/federal ID). Please email them to email@example.com.
Time & Place:
Time: May 21st 08:00 – 17:00
Location: Cobalt Kinetics Range – Washington, UT
Contact me at (512) 785-1052 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance finding the place or if you have any questions about required gear, etc.
You must be a US citizen or permanent resident to attend this course. No exceptions.
- February 21, 2023