Third Party Protection
Level 1 & 2 – Salt Lake City
June 17th| TBC
Salt Lake City TBC
About the Course
This course is designed to give protectors advanced defensive skills to keep family and loved ones safe from danger. Students will learn third party protection tactics and how to apply them during everyday situations in common places such as gas stations, restaurants, crowded places and events. Participants will familiarize themselves with close quarters combat and Principal evacuation techniques and perform them in live fire. The course will finish with a series of full contact Force on Force scenario simulations where they will be tested in fast paced dynamic threat environments, giving them an opportunity to validate their knowledge and skills as Third Party Protectors.
With over 15 years of operational experience, Bernardo is a subject matter expert (SME) in the field of Counter Terrorism (CT) and security best practices. His expertise covers high-risk police tactics, special operations (SOF), dignitary protection (CP) and close quarters battle (CQB).
Bernardo recently retired from active duty in a Special Operations unit of the Border Patrol, focusing on direct action and low visibility operations. He has served as a Federal Air Marshal, Personal Bodyguard to the Chief of Staff (IDF), Combat instructor and Counter Assault Team member to the Israeli Security Agency.
Skill Level: must have attended a pistol fundamentals or equivalent course.
- Safety briefing
- Concealed Carry Best Practices
- Combat pistol Fundamentals
- Combat Timeline & Third Party Protection Fundamentals
- Contact & Evacuation Techniques with Principal
- Live Fire Third Party Protection Drills
- Dynamic Threat Scenario Simulations
Prerequisites, Requirements & Gear List
- Pistol + ammo (200rds approx) new ammunition – pre purchase here and have it delivered to you at the class
- kydex or polymer robust and Safety compliant holster (IWB or OWB) – NO SURPA STYLE or COLLAPSIBLE HOLSTERS! Mag pouch (1-2 mags) IWB or Belt paddle / loop
- Eye protection.
- Hearing protection Baseball cap/hat UTM
- Groin guard
- Shooting gloves Long sleeved sweatshirt or jacket we recommend wearing clothing you do not mind getting dirty and/or possibly torn
- LTC/CHL or proof of no criminal record that can be obtained via sentry link here WITH a copy of your driver’s license (or any state/federal ID). Please email them to email@example.com
- Closed toed shoes/boots,
- Pantsm, Belt, and t shirt (we recommend wearing clothing you do not mind getting dirty and/or possibly torn) Water
Location: Georgetown, TX
32800 Ronald Reagan Blvd, Georgetown, TX 78633 (across the street from Georgetown Metal Recycling)
You must be a US citizen or permanent resident to attend this course. No exceptions.
- October 24, 2022