Close Quarter Family Protector
Level 1 & 2 – Austin, TX
April 1-2 | TBC
32800 Ronald Reagan Blvd, Georgetown, TX
About the Course
This course is designed to give protectors advanced defensive skills to keep family and loved ones safe from danger. Students will learn third party protection tactics and how to apply them during everyday situations in common places such as gas stations, restaurants, crowded places and events. Participants will familiarize themselves with close quarters combat and Principal evacuation techniques and perform them in live fire. The course will finish with a series of full contact Force on Force scenario simulations where they will be tested in fast paced dynamic threat environments, giving them an opportunity to validate their knowledge and skills as Third Party Protectors.
With over 16 years of operational experience, Bernardo is a subject matter expert in the field of Counter Terrorism (CT) and security best practices. His expertise covers high-risk police tactics, special operations (SOF), dignitary protection (CP) and close quarters battle (CQB).
Bernardo recently retired from active duty in a Special Operations unit of the Border Patrol, focusing on direct action and low visibility operations. He has served as a Federal Air Marshall, Personal Bodyguard to the Chief of Staff (IDF), Combat instructor and Counter Assault Team member to the Israeli Security Agency.
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) – ASIS International
- Certified Active Shooter Response Instructor – ALERRT
- Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events Instructor – TEEX
- Counter Terror and Riot Control Instructor – Israel National Police
- Senior Defensive Tactics Instructor – Israel Security Agency
- Gracie Survival Tactics for Law Enforcement Instructor GST LV2 – Gracie University
- Martial Arts Coach – Arazim Academy Israel
- Krav Maga Instructor – Israel Defense Forces
- Muay Thai & Kickboxing Instructor – Wingate Institute Israel
- Strength & Conditioning Coach – Arazim Academy Israel
- Mil / LE Kettlebell Instructor SFG1 – StrongFirst
- CrossFit LV1 Coach / Strongman / CF Endurance
Skill Level: must have attended a pistol fundamentals or equivalent course.
- Safety briefing
- Concealed Carry Best Practices
- Combat pistol Fundamentals
- Combat Timeline & Third Party Protection Fundamentals
- Contact & Evacuation Techniques with Principal
- Live Fire Third Party Protection Drills
- Dynamic Threat Scenario Simulations
Prerequisites, Requirements & Gear List
- Pistol + ammo (200rds approx) new ammunition – pre purchase here and have it delivered to you at the class
- Kydex or polymer robust and Safety compliant holster (IWB or OWB) – NO SURPA STYLE or COLLAPSIBLE HOLSTERS – no index retention release holsters!
- Mag pouch (1-2 mags) IWB or Belt paddle / loop
- Eye protection.
- Hearing protection Baseball cap/hat UTM
- Simulations Gear:
- Groin guard
- Shooting gloves Long sleeved sweatshirt or jacket we recommend wearing clothing you do not mind getting dirty and/or possibly torn
Closed toed shoes/boots, pants, belt, and t shirt (we recommend wearing clothing you do not mind getting dirty and/or possibly torn)
Bring your own food and water (lunch on site)
Location: Georgetown, TX
32800 Ronald Reagan Blvd, Georgetown, TX 78633 (across the street from Georgetown Metal Recycling)
You must be a US citizen or permanent resident to attend this course. No exceptions.
- October 24, 2022